home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Busy Week

I have had a busy and productive week. Monday started out with reporting for jury duty. Out of 240 people, I was one of 15 people who were asked to be questioned for the one jury trial of the day. Out of those 15, I was one of 6 people chosen to serve on a jury in a DUI case. It was an interesting experience. We were unanimous in our decision and the case was concluded by the end of the day.

Tuesday night I went to a cooking class at the Buford Highway Farmers Market. The class topic was salmon and cost $15. At the end of the class, everyone received a $10 gift card for the market. I had not been to this market in several years. It has changed a lot since my last visit and I can't wait till my next day off to go there and wander the aisles to make new food discoveries.

Wednesday was a day off and I did errands, some to get ready for our weekend at Lake Burton. Yay! Can't wait to float on a raft in the lake and do nothing, nothing. I'll take some knitting, reading, maybe some cooking magazines I need to catch up on. We're leaving Friday morning for the long weekend.

Tonight is my monthly book club meeting. We read Loving Frank. It was an historical novel about a love affair that lasted for many years between Frank Lloyd Wright and a woman, a former client. Very interesting with a definite surprise ending. A good read. I think I'll make "taco bites" as my appetizer contribution.

Today my brain is actually in the menu-planning mode and I got all my menu plans done for clients for the next three weeks...yay! Now off to finish laundry and start packing for the weekend. Also to make pimento cheese to take with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment