home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

I cooked for a client this past Monday and one of their entrees was chicken pot pie. I knew my husband loves chicken pot pie, so I decided to make it for us last night for dinner. I've been using a recipe I found on Food Network from Emeril Legasse and it's really good!

You need chicken, preferably your own fresh cooked chicken. I did this, and it really is the best way to go. Just cover a whole chicken in water and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours. You'll get so much chicken off one bird, you'll have enough to make several different dishes.

You'll also need onion, carrots, celery, potato, frozen green peas, chicken broth, flour and half 'n half, and cooked chicken. And pie crust, for the bottom and top.

Prepare all your vegetables by washing and chopping. Boil the chopped potato separately. Saute the carrot, onion and celery. Add flour to begin the sauce. Add the chicken stock, then half 'n half.


Add all this to your potatoes, chicken and peas. Pour into the pie crust, and top with the top crust. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes, till crust is golden and enjoy!

I think I'll have leftovers for lunch today.....


1 comment:

  1. I love chicken pot pie...it's the ulmimate comfort food in my book.

    ReplyDelete