home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Vegetable Exploration


On a recent trip to the Buford Highway Farmers Market, I decided to seek out vegetables I'd never tried before. I also had found some new recipes I wanted to try, so I spent the weekend cooking vegetables and trying new recipes.

Friday started with pattypan squash. I bought yellow and green and also baby zucchini. I tossed them in olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and roasted them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Delicious! I will most definitely cook these again. And probably use them as a vegetable for a client dinner party, as they look so yummy on the plate and are different. Try these!

Next, I found these carrots called Thumbelina Carrots. Are they the cutest thing you've ever seen? I also bought fingerling potatoes. Again, tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in the oven. Again, delicious! The carrots were very sweet.



Tonight, I'm trying a new recipe from the April issue of Bon Appetite. It uses fava beans, which I've never cooked before. Can't wait to do this one. It's so green and Spring-like! It also has asparagus, spinach and green peas.

All the vegetables have such beautiful color. It's the little things that make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I love the baby squashes. They make such a fun presentation. THe carrots are cute! I have never seen any before.

    ReplyDelete