home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not Just Cooking, Knitting Too

I have been knitting for many years. Knitting gives me hours of happiness, and besides cooking, it's my second form of therapy. It's so relaxing and I do some of my finest menu planning while knitting. And I love yarn...well, we won't really talk about my stash.

I finally broke down and treated myself to a yarn swift and ball winder. Why would I be happy about this? Because it turns hanks of yarn like this


into nice little bundles of yarn, all wound and ready to start knitting!


Yes, it's quite the contraption -- I got it yesterday and set it up on my kitchen island so I could start playing with it.


Although I haven't minded all these years winding yarn into balls myself, this will save me so much time...and give me more time for knitting. Although, is there ever really enough time for knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment