home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cold, Soupy Day

It is cold and rainy outside in Atlanta, the perfect day for a hearty soup.

I often cook for myself and my husband by using what I have on hand. I call this "clean out the refrigerator" cooking. I had cooked braised beef shanks and had leftovers from that so I've turned that into soup for tonight's dinner.

I started with fresh carrots, celery, potato, onion and fresh thyme.











Then I took the leftover beef shank and added it along with diced tomatoes and beef broth.











It has simmered for an hour or so and we'll be ready for dinner tonight. I think I'll build a fire as soon as it gets dark. Then make some cornbread to go with the soup. And get ready to watch Lost. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment