home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Got Short Ribs?


One of the vendors at the new Chamblee Farmers Market is West Wind Farms. I bought a pack of their short ribs and wanted an interesting way to cook them. I record both Giada deLaurentiis programs on Food Network and this recipe caught my eye from a "Giada At Home" episode. The short rib dish was very tasty and was great with a green salad as the side.

The recipe was easy to execute and did not take a lot of hands-on cooking time. First, I browned the ribs, added and cooked the vegetables for the sauce and put the whole pot into the oven for about 2 hours.
I then removed the meat, pureed the vegetables, and shredded the meat from the bones (Haven got three great bones out of this!).










I then added cooked pasta and shredded parmesan and mixed it all together. It was really good and a great new recipe for using short ribs.



Here's the link to the full recipe on Food Network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/penne-with-braised-short-ribs-recipe/index.html

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment