home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Love Fresh Fish




Last night's dinner was fresh filet of sole, pan sauteed in vegetable oil and a tablespoon of butter. Then I made a quick sauce of butter, lemon and fresh parsley. Yes, butter, butter, butter. But not much, and certainly much better for you than using processed, full of chemicals fake stuff.

On Peachtree Blvd. (formerly Peachtree Industrial Blvd.) there's a new Asian mega-grocery called H-Mart. The fish there is so very fresh and I am so pleased with it. I bought two sole and had them filleted. Each fish costs around $3.75

I lightly salted and peppered each piece, then dredged lightly in flour. Each piece got cooked 2-3 minutes, then flipped for another one minute.
I had some frozen green baby peas and made fresh mashed potatoes. The meal was delicious, but the star was the fish.

I plan to stop by the H-Mart on Fridays to see what fish looks good (they get deliveries on Thursdays). Can't wait till the weather gets warmer and out will come the Big Green Egg so fresh fish can get cooked there. As a personal chef, I love to try different recipes and flavor combinations for fish, using fresh herbs and spice variations. This sole was especially good, hence my husband's clean plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment