home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Graeters Ice Cream





Oh my, you have to try this ice cream. Last weekend, we had a girl's weekend here in Atlanta. A friend was here from Kentucky and was talking about this ice cream, Graeter's. She said, "you have to try it, you can buy it at Kroger". So, yesterday I went to see if I could find it. Kroger had about 8 different flavors but I chose Vanilla and Coconut with Chocolate Chips.

It is really, really delicious! Creamy, and almost like homemade, fresh churned, only thicker and creamier. The chocolate chips are more like chocolate chunks, big bites of creamy chocolate. The vanilla is really rich....a little will do!





The way they make it is an interesting process that you can read about at graeters.com. They make two gallons at a time in French Pot style containers. Yum!

In the Kentucky, Ohio, etc areas, apparently they have storefront locations. You know that has to be good!

Thanks to my friend Donna for sharing this great new find! I have to pace myself though. The first ingredient is cream and it has about 300 calories for 1/2 cup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment