home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Picking Strawberries


This morning I went with my sister-in-law and picked fresh strawberries at a strawberry farm in Loganville. It's called Washington Farms, www.washingtonfarms.net.

They charge $10 per gallon and I picked three gallons. It took about 45 minutes and was really fun and relaxing. There were several different very large strawberry patches and we picked all our strawberries off one row.



They are planted in raised beds and are very clean. The plants are really beautiful and healthy.
I filled my three buckets before reaching the end of one row.


This farm also has blueberry and blackberry patches and I hope to be able to go there in Athens next month to pick those.

Now I better get busy making strawberry jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment