home meet the chef Services and Pricing Sample Menus blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Times Square Bagel


This is the first post of probably many about my weekend trip to New York with a group of girls to celebrate a birthday milestone of one of my friends.

On Sunday morning around 8:00, I got a text that just said "bagels"? I replied, "oui", and was soon throwing on clothes, wiping the sleep from my eyes and heading downstairs to get breakfast. We found a deli and I had to have a bagel with lox, cream cheese, tomato and onion. How could I not? I was in New York, after all.


It was delicious! But it was so big I could only eat half. I really wish I had the other half right now.

The night before in Times Square, there were about a million people on the streets. However, at 8:00 on Sunday morning, there were about 10, besides the four friends who had gotten up bleary eyed and decided to have an early breakfast.

Here's my bagel in Times Square. What a fun weekend we all had. But I must admit I had to have a nap yesterday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment